Senior Full Stack Developer
London, United Kingdom · Technology
We are looking for a highly skilled Full Stack Developer to be a part of my clients Technology Team. The role reports to the Head of Technology and will work closely with the wider Technology team as well as the Product team. This role allows the candidate to gain exposure to all parts of the business and have the opportunity to get involved in the development of the Tech team.
In order to execute this function, the role holder will have the following responsibilities:
- Strong development skills and would be responsible for reviewing, analysing, and modifying systems including coding, testing, debugging and installing to support application systems
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Participate in discussions/planning around system architecture.
- Participate as part of an Agile Scrum team
- All developers are expected to become Cross stack to a degree.
- Be able to pivot in response to changing business requirements.
- Provide 1st/2nd line support for the production system.
- Should have a minimum of 8 years of technology experience with at least 5 years’ hands-on technical roles in the field and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Previous experience within Financial Services or within a regulated environment.
- Knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Data migration, transformation and scripting
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Creating databases schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles.
- Experience across the stack, from back end services through to the UI layer.
- Microsoft .Net V 4.5 C#
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture.
- Experience with Github.
- Experience working with AWS services an advantage
- Previous roles demonstrating a strong understanding of agile, CI/CD, Kanban, automated testing (TDD, BDD, Selenium).
- Knowledge of the consumer lending sector and understanding how this applies to this role, is desirable.
- Advanced listening, questioning and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
- Strong desire to work in a fast moving, start up organisation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organisation skills with the ability to juggle priorities and meet deadline.
- Self-motivation and commitment to the mission and goals of company.
- Ability to work collaboratively to execute plans to completion.
- Good presentations skills.
- Excellent negotiations skills – specifically with third parties.
- Ability to work on projects which span a broad range of applications.
- Expertise in multiple technical environments and business knowledge that spans multiple business areas.